A new scheme to help the unemployed in two areas of the Black Country has been launched with free training and one-to-one support.
Anyone, who has been out of work for more than six months, is aged over 18 and living in social housing in Kate’s Hill, Dudley or Princes End, Tipton, is entitled to the support.
Training expert BCTG is working with the government-backed City Deal scheme to provide the support for people looking for work.
It is aiming to help more than 200 people in the first year of the three-year programme, which provides intensive help and support to people like single mums or people without the right skills to find jobs.
City Deal worker Lynne Cocken, based in Kate’s Hill and Karen Simms, in Princes End, are working in each area.
Chris Luty, BCTG director, said: “We are part of a much wider programme under City Deal, which is targeting specific areas where there are more people who need this kind of support to get into or back into work.
“Lynne and Karen can tap into a wealth of providers who can then work with people over a period of time to help overcome anything that is getting in the way of finding work.”
To find out more call Lynne Cocken on 07908 304807 or Karen on 07960 642584.
• BCTG works with a range of training organisations across the West Midlands delivering a range of training initiatives. It is based In Taylors Lane, Oldbury.
• BCTG works closely with a range of public and private organisations, including the Skills Funding Agency.
• BCTG has four main aims:
1. Engaging with young people and adults to take up vocational learning
2. Working with employers to help develop the skills their business needs to succeed
3. To improve the quality of education and training delivered in the West Midlands
4. Building partnerships across all the stakeholders interested in improving education and training.
• BCTG offers a wide range of information, advice and training services to suit the needs of young people, schools and training providers and employers.
For media inquiries or to arrange interviews call Jane Williams on 01902 751565 or 07961 048613
Add a Comment